Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Teacher Christmas Gift

When my daughter first started at her preschool I started to take note of teacher gifts that would pop up in my Pinterest feed. I knew I wanted to do something fun, budget friendly and not another teacher gift that they would just toss or stick in a cabinet to collect dust. 


What's the answer to that? Food... always food. Or more specifically candy. I know they will get plenty of candy, but at least if they have an over abundance they can pass it on. It's a little tough to give your Aunt Sally who is an accountant a mug that says, "World's Best Teacher". She might catch on to the "regift" ;)

So this is what I ended up with and while I wish I would have gotten the card printed vs my 3rd grade-ish handwriting (hey, maybe she'll think I had and older sibling do it and find it endearing...) I'm pretty happy with the simple gift. The tag reads, "A teacher can't live on apples alone. She needs "hugs" too!"



I paid $1.98 at Walmart for the bags, which included the bag, a decorative piece that goes at the bottom of the bag and the ribbon. It came with 6, so I'll use the rest to give cookies in as gifts. .75 each for the cookie cutters and the "Hugs" were $2.98 also at Walmart. 

It took me all of 10 minutes. Not too bad if I do say so myself. Oh and I may have eaten a piece or two myself...
____________________________________________________________________ 
 If you like my blog please click the image below. 
 There is nothing to sign up for, just click and you are done. Thanks! If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment