Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hot Coffee?!

It's not often that I get to finish a cup of hot coffee. Usually I find my abandoned mug half filled with cold coffee. My kids wake up before the Sun and so while I would love to always wake up before them, get myself together and sit down and consume a hot coffee, it just doesn't happen that way. I get busy with the kids and well hot coffee just doesn't happen after those first few sips. 

Source

Until this morning. This morning I was up very early and made myself a cup of joe, very excitedly knowing that I was going to sit in a quiet, near dark room and enjoy it. My last sip was not going to be cold this time! Ohhhh the simple things in life. I poured my coffee, added my milk and made my way to the couch. Yay! It was going to happen!

I plopped down on the couch. I should have never plopped on the couch. See this was my mistake. With a 2 year old and 8 month old, they coffee I do get to drink I a typically standing, taking swigs of it as I walk by it on the counter. 

Darn the glorious option to plop. When I plopped myself on the couch, my coffee plopped itself all over me. I had filled that mug up to the brim, what was I thinking?! I now had hot coffee all over my lap. 

Oh, then the kids woke up. 

It's okay, one day I will know what the last sip of coffee tastes like :)

____________________________________________________________________ 
 If you like my blog please click the image below. 
 There is nothing to sign up for, just click and you are done. Thanks! If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment